Thing 7 - Twitter

I've never really got to grips with Twitter. It seemed to me the Twittersphere was for mutual admiration and back slapping. However I spent some time tonight going through the twitter guides in Thing 7 and can now see I was only scratching the surface. Sadly as I get older I am learning  - you always need a plan!

I spent about an hour searching for topics related to my area of interest at work and finding out what students thought of my place of work, some good, some bad! I actually used my time productively instead looking for the latest Fozzy Bear tweets. The thing that has held me back from posting on twitter is the thought that I have nothing interesting to add or say and what if people think I am just talking rubbish! That may well be the case but its no longer going to hold me back. I'm going to re-read some of the twitter guides and get out there and start tweeting and back slapping! If you want to feel good about yourself and get nice comments added to your tweets follow @AngusFerguson12

Comments

  1. Welcome to the Twitterverse. :) If you want a space to test out some twitter functions without posting to your feed, reply to @EdUni23Things on the #23EdCh thread. When you reply directly to an account, the only people who see that tweet are yourself, the person you replied to, and only accounts that follow both of you.

    http://aliciaorre.com/social-media-and-digital-marketing/twitter/reply-mention

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've been tweeting up a storm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 12 - OER #23things