Digital Footprint

I'm great at starting a social media account with the best of intentions. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, I think I also have a pinterest account and back in the day I paid my £5 to contact an old school pal on Friends Reunited. I've never really thought about how I use this media and why I use this media until I read this section. I spend too much of my time scrolling down pages of other peoples posts and not contributing much myself. I enjoyed reading the checklist and will re-evaluate my use of social media to make it (hopefully!) a more productive use of my time.

The main point I took away from Googling myself was how many Angus Ferguson's there are in the world. Although we can think of ourselves as being unique I read a number of profiles from an Angus Ferguson in the USA or Canada which wasn't too far away from my own!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 7 - Twitter

Thing 12 - OER #23things