My work colleague told me about #23ThingsEdiUni. "It's a great introduction into how people are using new technologies to learn. The classroom, lecturer and their powerpoint slides are dead. Oh yes! It's also free!"

Sold. Having spent some time now watching lecturers in classrooms teaching for 5 hours a day. Students with 7 hours on their timetable each day. You could draw a linear graph to show the energy and enthusiasm of both parties. The peak would be at the start of the term and steadily decrease as the end of the course approaches. Survival not learning becomes the aim of the game. For both parties.

I would like to understand some of the ways to engage and develop the knowledge and understanding away from the traditional classroom.

I read the social media policy and was surprised how comprehensive it was. To an amateur like myself a lot of what goes on in social media seems unregulated and without structure. I particularly liked the flowchart.

I'm looking forward to understand more about the different tools available in the digital world that can assist learning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 7 - Twitter

Thing 12 - OER #23things